Two Hour Options
Movement: Exploring Leadership Through the Art of Tango
This program is designed to increase your understanding of leadership, following and two-way communication using the dance form of tango as a metaphor and teaching tool. This is not a dance class, though the fundamentals of the art will be explored and demonstrated. Participants will be expected to move and interact.
- Clear understanding of the difference between management and leadership
- Recognizing the two-way nature of communication in all forms of leader and follower connections
- Tools to diagnose breakdowns in communication between leaders and followers
- Active advice on how to re-establish trust and confidence in team members, and build up communication in the group
Learning Styles – Understanding Yourself / Adapting to Others
Together we will explore our individual learning style which is the foundation for all effective leadership. Once we have this understanding, we can recognize our own strengths along with the strengths of those we lead. We will begin to identify why we work and think the way we do and how to build an effective team.
- Introduce, discuss and experience working, thinking, learning styles
- Gain an understanding of one’s own personal learning style
- Understand learning styles in the team building process
- Learn why leaders need to adapt to members of their team
Just like any good magician, we can learn to shape what others see. When communicating there are two conversations going on and the nonverbal components can mesmerize or destroy the show. This interactive program exposes the secrets of effective nonverbal communication and teaches you the skills to implement those tricks to improve your leadership.
- Increase self-awareness of nonverbal habits
- Increase the ability to read others’ nonverbal communication
- Recognize nonverbal communication styles of men and women
Fusion: Leading Multigenerational Teams
Fusion: Leading Multi-Generational Teams is a hands on journey to a better understanding of people and what makes them think and act the way they do, especially as it relates to their generational background. This workshop will equip participants to be more effective communicators and leaders through understanding the various generations in the workplace today. This is session is ideal for participants who manage a multi-generational workforce.
- Participants will gain an appreciation of major generational groups active in the workplace today
- Participants will explore the challenges and opportunities multi-generational teams present
- Participants will receive Insights regarding the world views, needs, and skill sets of various generations (in particular the Baby Boomers and Millennials)
- Participants will gain an understanding of how to facilitate effective collaboration among multi-generational team members
Together we will understand why members of great teams trust one another on a fundamental, emotional level, and the importance of being comfortable and vulnerable with each other about our weaknesses, mistakes, fears, and behaviors. We will discuss how to get to a point where we can be completely open with one another, without filters.
- Describe the meaning of the term “Vulnerably – Based Trust”
- State the reasons that the Fundamental Attribute Error can destroy teamwork
- Explain the factors that influence the way people behave in certain situations